Life is full of unexpected situations. Most of us don't really know what it means to really have to work for things. I was reading an article in a magazine about children from Mexico who live on the steet. Its something a lot of people know about, a lot of hispanic people, I guess I could say. Its such a hard concept to grasp. There are kids that are homeless because they left their house or were kicked out of their house. The most common reasons for why these children leave their house is because their home life was such a horrible one that they thought it would be much better to just leave and try to make it on their own. The situation at home could be that their parents are alcoholics or they do drugs. The children might be neglected or physically abused.
The age of these kids has no limits, a lot of them live in the streets their entire lifes. The girls who decide to leave start having kids between the ages of 14-17. So the children they decide to have also live in the same conditions as they did. The way these kids make their money is by cleaning the windshields of cars at stop lights. They can also sell candy at stoplights. It is such a horrible thing to think about. Imagine your little brother or sister out on the streets with usually nothing to eat, in the cold being stared at as they walk. I don't think anyone would want to be in that situation.
It's not something that is only going on in Mexico. That could be the situation for anyone, anywhere. Most of us live in a decent home, with decent food and decent clothing. Imagine you had nothing, no family, no one to rely on. Its something kids who are seven years have to endure and try to persevere. These kids can live in the street their entire lifes. The article talked about an interview with an 18 year old boy. It said that when asked about his family he simply lowered his head and changed the subject. He had been living in the streets for eight years.
There are many things in life people just deny or try not to face. Well its time to face the our fears, problems, we are the ones who can change the world..Even if its not the world at least a part of it. We have to stand up for what we believe and not just try to help ourselves but help others as well. I know how this may sound, but we have to make a difference. Its such a hard thing to stress. Hopefully we can achieve something that changes our lifes as we know them.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

My heart honestly goes out to all those kids living in the streets struggling or even living at home struggling. There's nothing I hate more than thinking about young babies out on the streets doing anything and everything for some little money because they have nobody there for them. I tell this to people all the time espicially when people take advantage of what they have. It just seems like nobody wants to hear it or they just don't care about others. It's a hard thing to imagine but it's so common, people never want to get educated on the subject because everyone is always blaming someone. But is there really someone to blame for homeless children? Abusive parents? and Young teens having babies? I really can't wrap my head around it. Who do we blame for this tragedy the abusive parents, the teachers, or the kids themselves? It's such a touchy subject.
ReplyDeleteHello Diana,
ReplyDeleteIt breaks my heart to see the kids trying to have better life but instead they are on the streets. That why, my dad and I started this ministry in my church, we feed the homeless with few people that helps us and we try our best to clothe the homeless, the homeless ages range from toddlers to late 60's. On every Saturday morning, we go out to CI and we spend our time helping the homeless with food, clothes, prayers, encouragements, we will call the shelter for them if they need to go and we always there for them. It breaks my heart when I see people go on line to get food meanwhile they have $1000 bikes and nice fancy clothes, we push them on the side and we take of the homeless. I won't be able to do it for few Saturdays because I'm currently taking college class on Saturdays but my mother will take my place and my dad will continue until I'm done with college classes. My heart goes out to them and I hope these homeless people will be blessed.
This is both interesting and sad. I'm curious about what article you have read and where.
ReplyDeleteGrade: 4/4