In the United States we brag about all the freedom we have. What freedom? People are always being censored and we can't always say what we want. On the radio cursing is always censored, so how is that freedom of speech? That is not freedom of speech, yes we have a lot more freedom than people in other countries only dream of having. I'm not saying I'm not grateful for living in a country where I can walk the streets and know I'm safe and not have to worry if today is the day that I am killed. I am so grateful so live in this country. What I am saying is that if we're not going to have all the freedom that the government says we have, why say we have it? Why isn't the government just straight forward, why don't they just tell us that we are not really as free as they make it out to be.
I'm just saying that people should be able to say and talk about whatever it is that they want to talk about as long as it is not something like NAMBLA. People like that do not even deserve to live. Society is so brainwashed to believe that they have all the freedom because they trust the government. Society is just a blob of conformity. The government is obviously not going to tell the citizens the full truth. Maybe its like that saying, "the truth hurts," or "people can't handle the truth." Maybe it is true and maybe the government does not tell us the full truth because they do not want people to start freaking out. When it comes to things like Global Warming, obviously people can not know the entire truth because once we find out what's really going on, we will realize the type of situation we are really in. The effect would be total disaster.
The type of freedom of speech that I am talking about is cursing on the radio and things of that sort. What is the point of making music and having artists if you are going to censor those artists. Well at the same time, those artists consciously sold their music to the radio knowing they were going to be censored just to make money. This is a very hard subject to make a decision on, complete freedom or not?
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Dear Diana, I happen to diagree with you. somethings are better left unknown and i feel that their is and should be a limit to the amount of freedom people in our wonderful country have. Yes the news, radio is censored but really how much does a rapper not being able to curse on the radio affect our lives. You say that people like NAMBLA should not be allowed to patrol the streets and I completly agree, with you but arn't you censoring them who are you or anybody for that matter to pick and choose who can do what, but thankfully thatts why we have the government. Unfortunalty in our society we need government ans must abide by rules. Sometimes its better to blend in with conformity in this sense. I am not saying don't question but isn't ignorance bliss?
ReplyDeleteI also have to agree with you on this subject. Honestly I do think sometimes we call it "freedom of speech but cant say what we want" but when it comes down to it everyone needs some type of order in life. If our society had no rule then everyone would be a dictator of their own and chaos would occur. It just like rules you know when you can say something and when you cant. You know that you cant curse out a teacher even if your completly pissed off at him or her, thats also considered "freedom of speech." I think its the way you actually use this term. We all have the right to "say" what we feel, but just at the approtiate time and place.
ReplyDeleteThis is an interesting topic, and I like what you have to say about it. You sound passionate, and I enjoy the debate that followed.
ReplyDeleteGrade: 4/4